23 Dec Australia, you can do better.
So, um, guys… Pedestrian (the magazine) tells us that your (our/Australia’s) ten most streamed Christmas songs is made up of four – yep, 4 – Mickey Bubble songs and is topped by that relentless Macriah tune wot adds a further element of torture to your hellish Christmas shopping skirmishes.
And frankly, Australia, we reckon you can do bloody better.
So, we’ve created a spotify playlist that’s guaranteed to entirely rid your silly season of Buble & Carey. Provided you keep mum away from the stereo, that is.
We’ve scoured a bunch of playlists and blogs and we’ve deliberated on our own favourite Aussie Christmas anthems too. But don’t worry, we haven’t entirely snubbed the cheese and tradition – it’s Christmas after all.
There’s still something for everyone with a smattering of old faves as well as festive offerings from the likes of Blink 182, Bob Dylan, Phoenix, The Kinks, Jack Johnson, Lennon, Chisel, The Shins, AC/DC... even the Toms Waits and Petty get a run!
So find the ‘Thank Christ it’s Christmas’ playlist on Spotify, whack it on shuffle, zinc up your beak and throw another snag on the barbie!
Merry Christmas and enjoy ‘Thank Christ it’s Christmas‘ curated by yours truly.
Jake & Andy xx
PS. For thiose who’re interested, this is the apparent 10 most streamed Xmas songs in Oz. Shame on all of us.
1. ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ – Mariah Carey
2. ‘It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas’ – Michael Bublé
3. ‘Last Christmas’ – Wham!
4. ‘Jingle Bells’ – Michael Bublé feat. The Puppini Sisters
5. ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ – Andy Williams
6. ‘Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!’ – Frank Sinatra
7. ‘Jingle Bell Rock’ – Hall & Oates
8. ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’ – Michael Bublé
9. ‘Santa Tell Me’ – Ariana Grande
10. ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ – Michael Bublé